Click the link below to download the 2019 SCA Rule Sheets
• May be cooked on any fire or heat source.
• Teams may enter more than one entry into ancillary categories if they pay a separate entry fee for each of them.
• Elements of the ancillary item may be pre-cooked, but the turn in must be assembled and cooked onsite.
• Must use provided turn in box, the lid must be closed to turn in.
• Any type of garnish but parsley is allowed to be used in ancillary boxes. Garnish is optional and not a part of the appearance score.
• Boxes may contain small disposable cups, toothpicks, or skewers to hold food items together.
• Only 1 type of ancillary item per turn in box. Sauces and condiments are allowed, and the judges are required to taste them. The scoring is a composite score of all items in the box.
• All ancillary entries with the exception or Ribs, Pork Loin, Pork Chops and Chicken (non-wings), will be judged on Appearance, Creativity, Taste, and Execution.
• Ribs, Pork Loin, Pork Chops, Chicken (non-wing) will be judged on Appearance, Taste, Texture and Overall Impression.
• The order of tie breakers for Ancillaries other than Ribs, Pork Loin, Pork Chops and Chicken (non-wing) is Taste, Creativity, Appearance, and Execution.
• The tie breaker for Ribs, Pork Loin, Pork Chops and Chicken (non-wing) is Taste, Texture, Appearance and Overall Impression.
• All entries should be fully assembled for judging.
• For mixed drink categories: The promoter will provide 2 -16 oz. red solo cups. Turn in 1 cup fully garnished and 1 cup for tasting.
• No desserts may be turned in for the “Appetizer” category.
• SCA Kids rules will be the same as the adult rules for each ancillary category.
• Ribs can be either Spare Ribs or Baby Back Ribs.
• Chicken Wings must be on the bone. (No boneless wings)
• Chicken (non-wing) can be either legs or thighs.
• Chili, Desserts, Jambalaya, Mac & Cheese can be turned in bulk or in 6 portioned servings. (Must use standard turn in box and the lid must close)
• Burgers, Grilled Cheese, Hot Dogs, Jaffles and Sandwiches: Prepare them ready to eat for the judges with any type bun and condiments of your choosing.
• Reasons for Ancillary DQ:
1. A marked box
2. Entry turned in after the turn in window has expired.
3. Any turn in determined to be raw.
ANCILLARY TURN IN AMOUNTS
MINIMUM OF 6 PORTIONS OR PIECES
Anything on a Stick, Appetizer, Bacon, Chicken (non-wings), Desserts, Deviled Eggs, Fish, Frog Legs, Goat, Kangaroo, Mini Pot, Mystery Box, One Bite Challenge, Oysters, Pig Wings, Potato Skins, Quesadillas, Ribs (spare or baby back), Sausage, Sliders, Spam, Tacos, With “____
Burgers - 2 Burgers (1 whole and 1 cut into 4 pieces)
Chicken Wings - 5 Flats and 5 drummettes
Grilled Cheese - 2 Grilled Cheese
Hot Dogs – 3 Hot Dogs (1 whole and 2 cut in half)
Jaffle – (1 whole and 1 cut into 4 pieces)
Mixed Drinks – 2 cups (1 cup fully garnished and 1 cup for tasting)
Pizza – 1 Whole pizza cut into a minimum of 6 slices
Chili, Jambalaya, Mac & Cheese – 6 portions or bulk in box